Five injured in Black Creek boating accident | News
CLAY COUNTY, Fla. -- Five people were injured after trying to get their boat out of bad weather on Black Creek on Tuesday afternoon.
Three adults and two children were among the injured, according to Karen Parker of the Florida Fish and Wildlife Commission.
The injured individuals were taken UF Health at Jacksonville with non-life-threatening injuries. Three other children were on board the boat but were not injured.
The 21-foot open deck boat was headed to the Knights Boat Ramp when it veered to the right and hit trees along the creek's shoreline, coming to rest 25-30 feet in the woods.
The investigation into the crash is continuing, Parker said.
Upcoming Events near Middleburg
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- More firefighters on the job in Clay County
- Dogs at Clay County Animal Care and Control in need of homes
- Harvey's Supermarket closing in Green Cove Springs as is a distribution center, lost jobs
- Teen spends 35 days in jail after mistaken arrest
- Former IT specialist accused of stealing $19K in computer equipment
- If women can run nations and corporations, they can certainly learn to run a boat
- Advocacy group believes aquarium would provide much-needed lift for downtown
- Lisa Almeida of Freedom Boat Club named Up and Coming Entrepreneur of the Year at the Women in Busin
- Freedom Boat Club promotes Dock Manager to Director of Dock Operations
- Freedom Boat Club to hold Open House