Five injured in Black Creek boating accident | News
CLAY COUNTY, Fla. -- Five people were injured after trying to get their boat out of bad weather on Black Creek on Tuesday afternoon.
Three adults and two children were among the injured, according to Karen Parker of the Florida Fish and Wildlife Commission.
The injured individuals were taken UF Health at Jacksonville with non-life-threatening injuries. Three other children were on board the boat but were not injured.
The 21-foot open deck boat was headed to the Knights Boat Ramp when it veered to the right and hit trees along the creek's shoreline, coming to rest 25-30 feet in the woods.
The investigation into the crash is continuing, Parker said.
Upcoming Events near Middleburg
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Creeks Outlaws advance in Pop Warner Super Bowl
- Christmas on the creek will light up Julington on Saturday Dec 7th
- St. Johns superintendent removes self from Lt. Gov consideration
- Julington Creek boat fire caught on camera
- Freedom Boat Club at Julington Creek is new site for ‘Life Jacket Loaner Program for Kids’