Teacher of the Week: Michele Hanson | News
MIDDLEBURG, Fla. -- It is Wednesday so that means it is time for our Teacher of the Week! This week we are recognizing Michele Hanson at Wilkinson Junior High School in Clay County. She has been teaching for 12 years.
Hanson teaches agricultural science and has done amazing things with the program at the school. The kids are growing crops like potatoes and corn and raising a cow, pig and even chickens. Mrs. Hanson said she loves teaching kids and empowering them to be all that they can be. She said she doesn't mind putting in the extra hours and even coning in on the weekends because it is all for the kids.
"The most important thing that I think I teach them is work ethic. Work ethic transcends anything we do in life and if kids develop a good work ethic and communication skills and the ability to work in a team, then they will be more successful when they are older," said Mrs. Hanson.
Another amazing thing about Mrs. Hanson's class is that 100 percent of the kids that go through her course have joined Future Farmers of America. She even gets the parents involved. They helped build the barns on the school lot to house the animals.
So for her passion and dedication, Mrs. Michele Hanson at Wilkinson Junior High School is our Teacher of the Week!
Upcoming Events near Middleburg
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- More firefighters on the job in Clay County
- Dogs at Clay County Animal Care and Control in need of homes
- Harvey's Supermarket closing in Green Cove Springs as is a distribution center, lost jobs
- Teen spends 35 days in jail after mistaken arrest
- Former IT specialist accused of stealing $19K in computer equipment
- If women can run nations and corporations, they can certainly learn to run a boat
- Advocacy group believes aquarium would provide much-needed lift for downtown
- Lisa Almeida of Freedom Boat Club named Up and Coming Entrepreneur of the Year at the Women in Busin
- Freedom Boat Club promotes Dock Manager to Director of Dock Operations
- Freedom Boat Club to hold Open House