Winner, winner chicken dinner | News
MIDDLEBURG, Fla. – One hundred Chick-Fil-A customers now have something extra to be happy about. They were picked out of 175 customers to be the first at the new Middleburg store. They will get 52 free meals from the popular fast food restaurant. A drawing was held Wednesday for the people waiting in the parking lot to see who would be in the group of 100.
One group of people called themselves the "Gator-eight". They are eight University of Florida students. All eight of them were picked. They started lining up before 5:30 a.m. Wednesday morning, and slept in dozens of tents, braving the cold and wind.
Another couple has been to 105 grand openings. Libby and Jake Knupp traveled from Gulf Port, Florida.
We'll have more about their stories tonight on First Coast News.
Upcoming Events near Middleburg
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- More firefighters on the job in Clay County
- Dogs at Clay County Animal Care and Control in need of homes
- Harvey's Supermarket closing in Green Cove Springs as is a distribution center, lost jobs
- Teen spends 35 days in jail after mistaken arrest
- Former IT specialist accused of stealing $19K in computer equipment
- If women can run nations and corporations, they can certainly learn to run a boat
- Advocacy group believes aquarium would provide much-needed lift for downtown
- Lisa Almeida of Freedom Boat Club named Up and Coming Entrepreneur of the Year at the Women in Busin
- Freedom Boat Club promotes Dock Manager to Director of Dock Operations
- Freedom Boat Club to hold Open House