Local Kony Group Plans to Spread Message | News
MIDDLEBURG, Fla. -- A local group plans to join the international effort called Cover the Night.
The duo in Middleburg has been making Kony 2012 signs to raise awareness in their community about the man who overnight became a YouTube and Facebook sensation for all the wrong reasons.
Joseph Kony is a Ugandan man who is wanted on international charges of murder, sexual slavery and child abuse.
His picture and story went viral several weeks ago. Now, small groups around the world plan to post signs with the phrase Kony 2012 to reach the people who haven't heard of him yet.
Upcoming Events near Middleburg
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Creeks Outlaws advance in Pop Warner Super Bowl
- Christmas on the creek will light up Julington on Saturday Dec 7th
- St. Johns superintendent removes self from Lt. Gov consideration
- Julington Creek boat fire caught on camera
- Freedom Boat Club at Julington Creek is new site for ‘Life Jacket Loaner Program for Kids’