Local Kony Group Plans to Spread Message | News
MIDDLEBURG, Fla. -- A local group plans to join the international effort called Cover the Night.
The duo in Middleburg has been making Kony 2012 signs to raise awareness in their community about the man who overnight became a YouTube and Facebook sensation for all the wrong reasons.
Joseph Kony is a Ugandan man who is wanted on international charges of murder, sexual slavery and child abuse.
His picture and story went viral several weeks ago. Now, small groups around the world plan to post signs with the phrase Kony 2012 to reach the people who haven't heard of him yet.
Upcoming Events near Middleburg
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- More firefighters on the job in Clay County
- Dogs at Clay County Animal Care and Control in need of homes
- Harvey's Supermarket closing in Green Cove Springs as is a distribution center, lost jobs
- Teen spends 35 days in jail after mistaken arrest
- Former IT specialist accused of stealing $19K in computer equipment
- If women can run nations and corporations, they can certainly learn to run a boat
- Advocacy group believes aquarium would provide much-needed lift for downtown
- Lisa Almeida of Freedom Boat Club named Up and Coming Entrepreneur of the Year at the Women in Busin
- Freedom Boat Club promotes Dock Manager to Director of Dock Operations
- Freedom Boat Club to hold Open House