Clay Sheriff warning of supermarket wallet thief | News
ORANGE PARK, Fla. -- The Clay County Sheriff's Office is warning elderly shoppers after a woman allegedly stole a 71-year-old woman's wallet out of her purse.
Mary Justino, Public Information Officer for the Clay County Sheriff's Office, said the theft happened September 25 around 1 p.m.
Justino said a woman was seen walking the aisles without purchasing anything. The woman stops next to an elderly shopper's cart while her back is turned.
Surveillance video then shows her take the 71-year-old's wallet out of her purse. The victim found out her wallet was missing when she went to buy her groceries and couldn't.
Justino said the elderly woman's credit card was used twice at gas stations in Jacksonville.
Anyone who may recognize the woman in the surveillance video is asked to call the Clay County Sheriff's Office 904-264-6512.
Upcoming Events near Middleburg
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- More firefighters on the job in Clay County
- Dogs at Clay County Animal Care and Control in need of homes
- Harvey's Supermarket closing in Green Cove Springs as is a distribution center, lost jobs
- Teen spends 35 days in jail after mistaken arrest
- Former IT specialist accused of stealing $19K in computer equipment
- If women can run nations and corporations, they can certainly learn to run a boat
- Advocacy group believes aquarium would provide much-needed lift for downtown
- Lisa Almeida of Freedom Boat Club named Up and Coming Entrepreneur of the Year at the Women in Busin
- Freedom Boat Club promotes Dock Manager to Director of Dock Operations
- Freedom Boat Club to hold Open House