Doctors Inlet Elementary School taken off lockdown | News
MIDDLEBURG, Fla. -- Doctors Inlet Elementary School is no longer on lockdown this morning following a home invasion robbery attempt near the school.
Mary Justino, Public Information Officer for the Clay County Sheriff's Office, said deputies are currently searching the area near County Road 220 and College Drive for two suspects.
The school is located west of the intersection of College and CR 220.
Justino said deputies are out searching the area with K-9's.
The two men police are looking for are described as being black males, dressed in all black clothing and camouflage, Justino said.
The two armed men allegedly kicked in the door of a home in the 2900 block of College Park Drive. When they did a woman inside the home screamed, Justino said. The two then ran off.
Justino said no one was injured in the robbery attempt and police do not know why the home was targeted.
Justino said the dogs are tracking the suspects away from the school heading closer to Blanding Boulevard.
Students and buses are now operating normally.
If you have any information that could help police you are asked to contact the Clay County Sheriff's Office at 904-264-6512.
Upcoming Events near Middleburg
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- More firefighters on the job in Clay County
- Dogs at Clay County Animal Care and Control in need of homes
- Harvey's Supermarket closing in Green Cove Springs as is a distribution center, lost jobs
- Teen spends 35 days in jail after mistaken arrest
- Former IT specialist accused of stealing $19K in computer equipment
- If women can run nations and corporations, they can certainly learn to run a boat
- Advocacy group believes aquarium would provide much-needed lift for downtown
- Lisa Almeida of Freedom Boat Club named Up and Coming Entrepreneur of the Year at the Women in Busin
- Freedom Boat Club promotes Dock Manager to Director of Dock Operations
- Freedom Boat Club to hold Open House