Suspected Clay Co. Walmart TV thief behind bars | News
MIDDLEBURG, Fla. -- A suspected TV thief is behind bars this evening.
William "Billy" Mixon, 34, is being held in the Duval County Jail on Duval County charges such as violation of probation and will now be held on on a Clay County warrant for Grand Theft, according to the Clay County Sheriff's Office Facebook.
Mixon is suspected of stealing two televisions from a Walmart on Brannan Field Road on Oct. 21. In addition to sharing suspect information with the media, the CCSO also posted the information on its Facebook.
"I received several calls from citizens with information advising they saw the post on Facebook. When someone shares the post, it spreads like wildfire," said CCSO Det. Maertz.
Upcoming Events near Middleburg
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- More firefighters on the job in Clay County
- Dogs at Clay County Animal Care and Control in need of homes
- Harvey's Supermarket closing in Green Cove Springs as is a distribution center, lost jobs
- Teen spends 35 days in jail after mistaken arrest
- Former IT specialist accused of stealing $19K in computer equipment
- If women can run nations and corporations, they can certainly learn to run a boat
- Advocacy group believes aquarium would provide much-needed lift for downtown
- Lisa Almeida of Freedom Boat Club named Up and Coming Entrepreneur of the Year at the Women in Busin
- Freedom Boat Club promotes Dock Manager to Director of Dock Operations
- Freedom Boat Club to hold Open House