Photo Gallery | Mid-Morning Residential Fire in Clay County

According to a press release from Clay County Fire Rescue spokesperson, D. E. Motes, personnel responded to a residential structure fire this morning around 09:20 a.m. 911 dispatchers were alerted to the fire at 7140 King Street cross street Jade Lane in Keystone Heights.

Three engine companies, an ambulance and a Battalion Chief were initially dispatched to the blaze.

According to the release, an air handling unit was on fire and there was heavy smoke in the home. The structure, valued at $50,000, sustained approximately $15,000 in damage.

Occupants f the home were able to evacuate and were not injured. One firefighter sustained minor injuries while removing the air handling unit from the side of the home.

During the search for victims of the fire firefighters found and rescued a small dog. The animal recovered from smoke inhalation following treatment received from the firefighters.

The cause of the blaze was the heat and air system which spread through the duct system into the attic space. A working smoke detector was not found following the fire. The fire is not under investigation.

Community Sponsors

Are you interested in promoting your business to local customers?